Saturday, December 1, 2012

Update on My 7th Book...

I am currently working on my manuscript for my 7th book - 2nd full book of poetry. Originally the title for the book was My Every Color but I have changed it to Filling in the Rainbow. I seem to like this title much better than the first one but that doesn't mean that I won't change my mind and go back to the first title again or change it to something else all together.

Coming up with titles for books is not always the easiest thing to do. It can't just be any title. It has to fit the concept of the book and the writing that's inside it. While the above two titles fit in withe book I am working on I am not quite content with either of them. So, I will have to ponder some more about the title. I want it to be perfect.

My book will have sections just like my first book Pieces of Me. I've already moved everything into sections I had already prepared, then got rid of two sections and moved those poetry to existing sections, and created a new section and moved related poetry into it. I haven't really written any new material for the book since there is plenty already in it. There is only one section that needs writing and that's a rants section. Only one item in it so far. I may get rid of that section altogether unless I manage to write some rants.

I really want to publish this book by the end of the year so don't want that section holding me down. It's not that important to have in the book anyway.

With everything already organized I now have to edit everything... Need to make sure no typos exist and that no lines need editing. I also have to look over the formatting of each poem and see how to align/shape the lines...

Other than that I am making great progress. Once that's done I have to start thinking about the front cover of the book. I already have some ideas... Excited about bringing them to life...

I’m a published author… Get your hands on my books at my storefront, on Amazon, at Barnes and Noble (online) and in many other places online.

No comments:

Post a Comment