Saturday, April 6, 2013

Writing My First Novel...

I've always dreamed about writing a novel...I wasn't sure if I'd be able to pull it off but in the end I wrote one and it turned out pretty good for my first attempt. The novel actually started from a title that came into my head - The Secret Life of Ashley Miles - as I was walking home from the library. The story evolved from there. 

I have been editing the story time and again and just when I think it's finally ready to be published and shared with the world I hold myself back, thinking I have to work on it some more, make some more changes, etc. I wonder... how does a writer know when it is time to say "I'm done!" when working on a novel or story?

I want very much for it to be published and that is not an issue as I will be going with the same publisher I've used for my other seven books - Lulu. The issue is figuring out what else needs to be rewritten, added to, or edited, and when it is finally time to say "the end" and call things complete.

The story that I wrote is in part based on things that I have gone through and experienced, so it is a bit personal. I think readers will be able to relate to the story and connect with it in some way...

The story centers around a girl named Ashley Miles and the things she goes through after graduating high school. Things are not easy for her. And just when everything seems to be falling into place it all comes crumbling down... But there is always hope for a better, brighter tomorrow. 

I can't wait to share this novel with the world... but until I truly feel it is ready to be out there, it will lie dormant... It is certainly not easy to make that final decision when it comes to a novel being labeled complete.


I’m a published author… Get your hands on my books at my storefront, on Amazon, at Barnes and Noble (online) and in many other places online.

No comments:

Post a Comment